Read Across UP March 4th-8th
During the week of March 4th - 8th we will be participating in the National Education Association's Read Across America Event.
- Monday, March 4th: *Hats off to Books! Students and teachers wear hats.
- Tuesday, March 5th: *“Sock it to Reading” today: Wear bright, colorful, and/or silly socks to school in support of literacy
- Wednesday, March 6th: *Dress up: “Book Character Day” today: Dress like a favorite book character in support of literacy
- Thursday, March 7th: *“Be A Good Sport and Read” today: Wear favorite team clothing to school in support of literacy
- Friday, March 8th: *UP is Well Read! Students and teachers will wear red.
Why NEA’s Read Across America?
Motivating children to read is an important factor in student achievement and creating lifelong successful readers. Research has shown that children who are motivated and spend more time reading do better in school.
Facts about Children’s Literacy
Children who are read to at home have a higher success rate in school. Click here for more facts: http://www.nea.org/grants/facts-about-childrens-literacy.html